• Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately.
• Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier.
• Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
• Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards and checks.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time.
• Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts.
• Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals.
• Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions.
• Handle exchanges and refunds in a quick, efficient manner.
• Collect payments and bag purchases for customers.
• Maintain accurate cash drawer.
• Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports.
• Keep the checkout area clean and orderly.